CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 11:45PM WST
Who we are
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) purpose is to create enduring prosperity for all Western Australians. Our department ensures that primary industries and regions are key contributors to the Government’s agenda for economic growth and diversification, job creation, strong communities and better places.
We work collaboratively across government, industry and community to advance three goals: Protect, Grow, Innovate.
For more information about the Department, please visit our website.
We currently have two (2) permanent full-time appointments available for immediate filling.
We are seeking to establish a pool of suitably qualified applicants for the role of Project Officer. The pool will be valid for a period of twelve (12) months following finalisation of the process and may be used to fill permanent and fixed term, full time and part time opportunities that may arise in this period. Please note, being appointed to the pool does not guarantee you placement to a position.
The role of a Project Officer is to undertake a range of project research, analysis, reporting, implementation and administrative activities to support the development and delivery of ICT enabled projects that are in line with established project plans and objectives.
Some of the key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertake a range of project research, analysis, reporting, implementation and administrative activities to support the development and delivery of ICT projects, in line with established project plans and objectives.
- Provide project support, including monitoring and reporting on project plans, milestones and deliverables, to ensure time, cost and quality indicators are in line with approved project plans.
- Maintain team and stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to engage stakeholders and ensure project deliverables are met.
- Work with staff to ensure projects undertaken comply with organisational standards and processes and shares knowledge and learning with others
Please refer to the Job Description Form attached for full position details.
Eligibility / Other Conditions
Subject to appointment the successful applicant will be required to provide a valid satisfactory National Police Clearance.
This position is located in the Perth Metropolitan Area.
Please note, any successful candidate, including current employees of the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, will be offered employment subject to the award and agreement conditions that apply to the advertised role as outlined in the attached JDF. By accepting an offer of appointment, the successful applicant accepts the conditions and entitlements under the specified award and agreement.
Further Job Related Information
To discuss this role or for specific enquiries please contact Jill Hamilton Manager, Projects, on (08) 9368 3625 (during business hours).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit:
- A current comprehensive CV, including details of two (2) referees; and
- A covering letter/statement that demonstrates how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the following Work Related Requirements, as detailed on the Job Description Form in no more than four (4) pages:
- Experience and knowledge in supporting undertaking and delivering technology enabled business focused projects, both within an ICT environment and for both the wider agency/business stakeholders
- Challenge for Innovation: Demonstrated ability to develop practical and innovative solutions to problems
- Think Strategically: Well developed research, analytical and problem solving skills
Please note that, should you be shortlisted, your ability to meet the other work related requirements will be assessed through future stages of the recruitment process.
Applicants are required to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen. Applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online and this email address will be used for communication with applicants. Further information is available in the attached Applicant Information Kit.
If you are having trouble downloading the attachments or lodging your application online, please contact (08) 6552 1943 (during business hours) and quote the Reference number.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and proforma applications will not be accepted. (Please note: Online lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on or after 11:45pm will not be accepted)
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development has a four day breach claim period. For more information, please see the Public Sector Commission Website