Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE597915
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The South Metropolitan Education Region Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Corporate Services Regional Support Officer in the South Metropolitan Education Regional Office branch.
The Corporate Services Regional Support Officer will assist the Regional Executive Director and budget holders in the administrative, financial, physical and human resources aspects of the Education Regional Office’s operations. The successful applicant will: assist in preparing and monitoring the office budget and develop and maintain business and information management systems and support the Regional Executive Director and budget holders in the area of financial management by undertaking financial planning, monitoring, research, reporting and analysis to meet established objectives and outcomes relative to business plans.
The successful applicant will also; assist in the implementation and coordination of recruitment, selection and appointment processes, undertake human resource management processing in HRMIS, generate reports, maintain records and monitor human resource activities.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate; flexibility to undertake different tasks within a small team, strong interpersonal skills and well developed time management skills.
The South Metropolitan Education Regional Office is one of eight regional offices located across the State. Regional offices and local education offices are staffed as determined by the Regional Executive Director, in accordance with local context and needs. All officers appointed to regional offices and local education offices are responsible for supporting schools in the regions by promoting system initiatives and providing support and quality assurance to enhance the outcomes of schooling.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- Skills and knowledge of human resource management practices, including experience in the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Well developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels and work effectively in a team environment.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well developed computer skills, including the ability to create, operate, extract reports and manipulate databases, spreadsheets and systems.
- Initiative and good organisational skills, including the ability to identify priorities and meet deadlines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Penny White, Coordinator Regional Operations by telephoning (08) 9336 9563 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within
- six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED