Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS598634
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019 with possible extension twelve (12) months and/or permanency
Do you want to make a positive difference?
The WA College of Agriculture – Cunderdin is seeking to appoint a dedicated and hardworking Mainstream Education Assistant to join our friendly team.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs, including managing small groups of students under the direction of the teacher that will help in the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students.
The successful applicant will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. Suitable applicants will ideally have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group based programs.
The WA College of Agriculture - Cunderdin provides Year 11 and 12 students with a unique educational experience focused on innovation and excellence. The College is located adjacent to the Wheatbelt town of Cunderdin, 160kms east of Perth. Students are offered the opportunity to achieve the best possible educational outcomes within the context of a commercially operating farm, state of the art trade training workshops and a 134 bed residential facility.
Our students have access to flexible pathways setting them up for successful careers in agricultural and related industries. Individual learning abilities are well catered for with carefully selected course offerings across the trade training and curriculum areas. Graduates from the College are equipped with the skills to become successful, well rounded individuals who can make a positive contribution to their community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about the WA college of Agriculture - Cunderdin can be found by visiting www.cunderdinag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Dennis Shiminski, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin, by telephoning (08) 9635 2100 or emailing Dennis.Shiminski@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 25 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.