Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS596893
This is a permanent part-time (0.4 FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2020
Shenton College is seeking the skills of a Gardener-Handyperson to join a dynamic team that keeps the College grounds in a safe and pristine condition.
Working under the Head Gardener, the successful applicant will be a conscientious worker having good knowledge of plants and gardening equipment. You will be able to perform minor repairs, maintain equipment and are prepared to perform other gardening and handyperson duties as requested. Previous experience will be an advantage as you will work independently at times.
Shenton College is one of Australia’s leading co-educational schools and consists of a Middle School (Years 7 & 8), Lower Senior School (Years 9 & 10) and Upper Senior School (Years 11 & 12). The College currently has approximately 2300 students and 250 staff and sits on a 14-hectare site. The College’s strength is in its commitment to develop the ‘whole child’ and to empower them to be independent and confident learners so that they can be purposeful contributors to an increasingly interdependent world.
The school’s success is built on solid foundations and on the skills of an outstanding staff. Shenton College has a proud culture of excellence. The selected gifted and talented program requires staff to appreciate and be responsive to the needs of gifted students. With a ‘can do’ capacity to problem solve, our staff pride themselves in delivering outstanding services to our students, parents and community. The successful applicant will be available to work Wednesday and Friday each week and have excellent handyman skills to assist where needed.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shenton College can be found by visiting http://www.shenton.wa.edu.au/or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Dianne Firkin, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9366 9100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.