(MIS19204 & MIS19205)
Two exciting opportunities are currently available within our IT Operations Branch.
In this role you will be working with a high-performing team, responsible for supporting the life-cycle management of the Department’s structured data business system platforms. You will contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of business data platforms and related services across the Department on and off premise.
Drawing on your analytical and problem solving experience, you will be supporting the Senior Database Administrator in the creation and maintenance of standardised procedures and data modelling, as well as managing activities and projects of the Branch.
You will possess strong written communication and interpersonal skills as you provide ongoing support towards enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the Branch.
This position is located in East Perth.
What do you require to successfully undertake the role?
- Good knowledge and experience in database administration in a corporate environment with Microsoft SQL Servers, including performance tuning disaster recovery provisioning and integration with ASP.NET applications.
- Good knowledge and experience in scripting including Powershell, VB and .NET.
- Good knowledge and experience in Oracle E-Business and/or IBM UDB/DB2 environments.
- Good knowledge and experience in cloud-based structured data and related services including laaS, PaaS and SaaS in either Azure or AWS.
For further job specific information please find attached a copy of the job description form or contact Trung Le Tran, Manager Infrastructure on (08) 9222 3295.
Please note that completion of a National Police Clearance and pre-employment Conflict of Interest declaration will also form part of the selection process.
What makes DMIRS a great place to work?
DMIRS offers a supportive, diverse and innovative environment, with great benefits, including;
- Great work/life balance through flexible working arrangements and leave options.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- An award-winning Health and Wellbeing program, including access to an affordable on site gym.
- Salary packaging options.
DMIRS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of Aboriginal Australians, people with disability, youth and other diversity groups. People with disability will be provided with reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
To learn more about the Department and what we have to offer, please visit our website.
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below, complete the online application form and attach your covering letter (to a maximum of 2 pages) and detailed CV, showing how you meet the above listed requirements of the role.
For tips on how to put together your application, or details about the process, you can find Information for Applicants on our website.
For information about employment conditions, the application process or documents in an alternate format, please contact Rebecca Flait, Human Resources Officer on (08) 6251 1514.
Suitable applicants may be considered for other similar vacancies within the next twelve months.
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 26 September, at 4:00pm (WST).
Your application submission must be complete by the closing time, applications that are in progress or submitted after this time will not be accepted. It is your responsibility to ensure your application is submitted on time.
- Job Description Form
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.