Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS588233
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Hammond Park Secondary College (SC) is seeking an enthusiastic School Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will need to be an enthusiastic and motivated team member with a high level of verbal and written communication skills to oversee a busy reception area and switchboard. The ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing is highly advantageous. Hammond Park Secondary College is a new school so importance will be placed on the applicants’ ability to demonstrate multi skilling as an essential ingredient. The panel would be interested in applicants that possess the following skills (but are not limited to); RM Billing, knowledge of procurement practices and Lesson Attendance as advantageous.
Opening in 2020, Hammond Park (SC) will provide local students with a dynamic and innovative learning environment centred around the social and emotional wellbeing of each child. Catering to Year 7 students and will grow to accommodate approximately 1450 Year 7-12 students by 2025.
The school will provide challenging, engaging and intentional instruction to meet the diverse learning needs of all students and foster a culture of lifelong learning. Student voice and agency will be a key aspect of the school in creating high expectations and an environment where all can flourish.
Located in Hammond Park on Irvine Parade the school is being built in two stages. Construction of Stage 1 is well underway and includes state of the art classrooms, a library, administration and extensive student services area. The school will also feature specialist facilities for performing and visual arts, science laboratories, food and textiles, design and technology workshops and a gymnasium. The cafeteria is the hub of the central precinct and provides indoor and outdoor seating, landscaped gardens and open spaces. Multipurpose courts and school oval are also included in the first stage of the build.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hammond Secondary College can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jo Willesee, Principal, by telephoning 0436 918792 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment: and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 26 September 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.