Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS596032
Do you have excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Harrisdale Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
The Business Support Officer assists the Manager Corporate Services to administer the school’s human and financial resources, maintaining facilities, assets and resources and performance management of support staff.
Suitable applicants will ideally have working knowledge of HRMIS, Integris, RM Billing and RM Finance, good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure with high accuracy and attention to detail, offering effective administrative support in managing and coordinating business and information management systems and processes to achieve agreed operational outcomes.
Harrisdale PS is currently in its fourth year of operation. It caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school is located in the rapidly growing suburb of Harrisdale and is bordered by natural bushland to the east, sporting grounds to the south and housing developments to the remaining boundaries. The student population is indicative of a diverse multi-cultural demographic with many nationalities represented and current enrolments sitting at 1144 students.
For this reason, the school will operate off two sites in 2020. Applicants need to be aware that they could be working at either of the two sites.
Harrisdale Primary is a Digital Technologies School and experience in using the Apple platform is a priority.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- Well-developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- Sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to use relevant software applications.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harrisdale Primary School can be found by visiting www.harrisdaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Megan Klompmaker, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9234 9700 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 23 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.