Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP597713
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Castletown Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and dedicated Deputy Principal to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will be dynamic and knowledgeable of processes to support at risk students, have a reputation for following up and following through, be focussed on making a difference and is an excellent team member. You will be required to maintain existing Student Services protocols and procedures established at the school and to further develop these to maximise knowledge of all students. This will support our capacity to better identify impediments to learning for students at the school. The position requires the applicant to have a proven capacity to build and support professional Learning Communities and to deliver consistent practices and planning processes across the school. You will demonstrate your ability to engage with teams to develop and deliver high quality professional learning and to review and refine planning through the effective analysis of student data.
Castletown PS is one of three Level 5 Primary Schools situated in the seaside town of Esperance 720 kms from Perth. Established in 1966 with a population of 139 students, the school now caters for 550 students from K-6. There are 340 families in the school. Approximately 15% of our children are bus children, travelling in from the outlying rural hinterland. Seven buses serve the school. The remainder of the school population is typically urban with children from diverse backgrounds.
Castletown prides itself on having a strong ethos as an inclusive, friendly and caring school community. Our Virtues program and Positive Behaviour Management policy encourage our students to have respect and concern for others and their rights. We have high expectations of our students and ourselves, set standards of excellence and strive to achieve them. Castletown Primary School has a long tradition of being an excellent school - providing challenging learning programs for all our students and for developing the necessary knowledge and skills to support students to become confident independent learners. We are proud of our reputation for offering a variety of specialist subject areas including Music, LOTE, STEM and Physical Education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Castletown Primary School can be found by visiting www.castletownprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Colin Brand, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9076 2800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 24 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.