Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS595334
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Rossmoyne Senior High School (SHS) are seeking a positive and conscientious Laboratory Technician to join their friendly team.
As Laboratory Technician you will, under supervision, provide support to teaching staff in the area of routine chemical and equipment preparation, and construction of simple apparatus for science classes whilst ordering supplies, equipment and managing stock levels. The successful applicant will perform basic repairs and maintenance on the equipment whilst constructing teaching aids as required.
Additionally, you will be responsible for the labelling, maintaining and safe storing of laboratory chemicals, equipment and resources and the disposal of chemical, physical, and biological laboratory materials.
As one of the first Independent Public Schools in Western Australia, Rossmoyne SHS is one of the nation’s leading schools. Our students annually achieve outstanding levels of academic excellence. We provide outstanding visual and performing arts and sports programs, exciting opportunities in vocational education, and strong pastoral care. Our culture is described by staff and community as positive, professional, inclusive, dynamic and with a focus on excellence. Our students are very proud of the positive reputation of our school. They find the school diverse, progressive and filled with opportunities for growth. They feel a sense of belonging and support each other to balance competition and cooperation to achieve positive outcomes for all.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge of general science to Year 12 level or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Organisational and time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages.
- Knowledge of safe working practices, laboratory safety requirements and procedures and a willingness for further training related to safety.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rossmoyne Senior High School can be found by visiting www.rossmoyne.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Price, Human Resource Officer, by telephoning (08) 9259 2208 or emailing Michelle.Price@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.