Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS597347
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Are you a looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity?
Here is the chance to apply your executive talents to provide leadership and support to our friendly administrative team!
Kalgoorlie-Boulder Community High School (CHS) is seeking a highly motivated and organised individual to make a valuable addition to their administrative team in the role of Manager Corporate Services.
The Manager Corporate Services manages the day-to-day financial, physical and human resource aspects of the school's operations and administers all school support staff. In collaboration with the Principal and the executive team, you will provide operational input to the development of the school’s workforce, business and marketing plans and oversee the school’s financial performance. In addition, you will undertake research and project work in relation to business trends and issues which may impact on the financial, physical or human resource aspects of the school's operations.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder CHS caters for students from a diverse range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. Kalgoorlie-Boulder is a major regional centre which provides comprehensive facilities, services and infrastructure making it a comfortable location in which to live and work. The city is proud of its history and heritage which caters for a significant number of tourists.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalgoorlie-Boulder Community High School can be found by visiting or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Ian Masarei, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 0300 or emailing Ian.Masarei@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.