Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS598698
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Armadale Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to appoint a dedicated Cleaner to join their team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and rubbish removal. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge.
Armadale SHS is an Independent Public School dedicated to providing students from Year 7 to Year 12 with strong academic achievement and positive engagement. We aim to provide every student with a positive learning experience. We believe in our students and recognise that each is an individual to be welcomed and respected.
In 2017 we proudly opened our new commercial kitchen, cafe and upgraded home economics and engineering classrooms. Our new facilities complement our already existing Trade Training Centre (for brick and block laying, carpentry and joinery) automotive workshop, beauty salon, Arts and IT facilities.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Armadale Senior High School please visit www.ashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kathryn Dillon, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9497 6412 or emailing Kathryn.Dillon@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period, please contact Kathryn Dillon on 08 9497 6412.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 11 October, 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.