Are you a graduate school psychologist looking to operate as a member of a collaborative and coordinated student services team?
We are establishing a pool of eligible and highly motivated graduate school psychologists to be considered for filling part time, full time, permanent and/or fixed-term positions as they arise in our schools and regions across the state.
As the state’s largest employer we offer a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Confirmed starting salary from $75,052 a year.
- 9.25 percent employer contributions to superannuation.
- 8 weeks’ vacation leave (during school holidays).
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave.
- Subsidised accommodation where applicable.
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities.
This is your opportunity to provide psychological services and evidence-based assessments and interventions in mental health and well-being, behaviour, risk and critical incident management, learning and disability.
Positions may be available on a full-time, part-time, permanent or fixed term basis.
Who should apply?
You can apply to this pool for school psychologist opportunities across the state, if you:
- are in your final semester of university studying the below qualifications: OR
- have graduated with the below qualifications, and are in your first two years (8 terms) of employment as a school psychologist.
School psychologists are required to hold an appropriate degree or equivalent qualification which entitles provisional or general registration with the Psychology Board of Australia; and
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching (minimum one year); OR
- hold a Graduate Diploma in School Psychology (or equivalent); OR
- have undertaken a minimum placement of 40 days in the school education sector as part of higher degree studies in psychology.
If you have completed 2 years (more than 8 terms) of employment as a school psychologist, you may wish to consider applying to the School Psychologist Pool - Fixed Term Opportunities
How the pool works
Qualified and eligible applicants are considered from the pool to fill positions as they arise. Qualifications, experience, location preferences and suitability for the specific vacancy are considered.
You must have had your application accepted to this pool, and have had confirmation at the time a vacancy is listed, to be considered for an employment opportunity.
A school may only offer an appointment via this pool to an eligible and available applicant - that is an applicant who is not currently employed on a fixed term basis by us for the period of the appointment or is employed as a School Psychologist by us and the position being offered is permanent, an increased work fraction or for a longer period of time.
If you are currently a permanent employee with us, your principal or line manager will need to approve your release before you can accept a temporary appointment at another school or location.
Applying for this pool does not guarantee appointment.
Vacancies may be filled using other options such as local recruitment activities or advertising positions.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this advertisement and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- the completed online application form;
- a comprehensive, up-to-date CV;
- identification (i.e. birth certificate, passport, change of name documentation, marriage certificate). Please note we do not accept driver’s licences
- evidence of eligibility to work in Australia, including Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian work permit (e.g. citizenship papers, Australian work visa with date of entry - Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
- evidence of your current registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (i.e. registration number) or evidence of eligibility for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (i.e. University Transcripts, web printouts are acceptable)
- academic transcripts identifying your course(s) of study, including copies of undergraduate degrees and any postgraduate qualifications (if applicable). Web printouts are acceptable. Your transcripts must clearly identify:
- your name
- university name
- course name
- units completed
- current enrolment/course completion date
- a copy of your Practicum Placement Report
- two professional referees - one of which should be your current or most recent line manager where possible
It is recommended that you have all of the above documents ready to attach before clicking the “Apply for Job” button.
When completing your online application you will be asked to nominate the regions where you would be interested in working. Please only select those regions where you would accept a position.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive a confirmation email.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, or are experiencing any trouble submitting your online application, please contact Staff Recruitment and Employment Services on (08) 9264 4127.
As suitable vacancies arise, you may be contacted by schools or regions to discuss details relevant to specific vacancies. Your referees may be contacted to verify your skills/experience.
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check through the Department of Education Screening Unit, a valid Working with Children Check (www.workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au) and eligibility for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia. These must be confirmed prior to commencing employment.
EMAILED AND HARD COPY APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED