Learning and Engagement Officer
The Western Australian Museum’s vision is to be an excellent and vibrant Museum, valued and used by all Western Australians and admired and visited by the world.
The WA Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable and diverse working environment and providing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and young people. The Museum values the importance of a work environment which is representative of the wider community and which supports a variety of perspectives.
This is a part time 0.5FTE or 37.5 hours per fortnight), permanent vacancy, There will also be a Pool running for a period of 18 months from the initial appointment. Applicants deemed suitable will be placed into a pool where appointments may be considered for similar vacancies for full-time, part-time, fixed term or permanency.
A current (within 6 months) National Police Clearance Certificate and/or a Working With Children Clearance will be required prior to commencement of employment, as per the Department’s Police Record Screening Policy.
This position is located in Albany on the southern coast of Western Australia. Albany is known for its pioneer history and the natural scenic beauty of rugged granite coastline and green seas. The Western Australian Museum overlooks picturesque Princess Royal Harbour, on the site of the first European settlement in Western Australia.
The Learning and Engagement Officer’s role is to develop, implement and evaluate high quality public programs, experiences and resources relating to the Western Australian Museum, in particular to the Museum of the Great Southern’s exhibitions and collections, for a diverse audience, including schools.
Specific responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Work with the Regional Manager to develop community links which benefit public and schools program development and raise the profile of the museum within the region.
- Contribute to the development of operational plan, including for future exhibitions and audience engagement programs.
- Train Visitor Services Officers and other museum staff and volunteers as required in the areas of content and program delivery.
How to apply for this position
- Applicants are required to apply on-line and must provide;
- a comprehensive CV
- no more than a four A4 page (Word or PDF document) outlining your skills and knowledge in relation to the Work-Related Requirements that are listed on the attached Job Description Form
- For further details on how to apply please read the attached ‘Applicant Information Package’.
To submit your application, please click on the Apply for Job button.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact a member of the HR Team on (08) 6552 7585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Please note that all of the Essential Work-Related Requirements will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
For further job related information, please contact Catherine Salmaggi on (08) 9841 4844 (not to be contacted for an Applicant Information Package).
NO FAXED, LATE OR PROFORMA APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To avoid last minute congestion of the system which may result in your application being received after the closing time and therefore not be eligible, please endeavour to submit your application well before the closing time.
- 14508 learning and engagement officer l4 - 21.08.19.pdf
- applicant information package - wam.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.