Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS596526
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019 with possible extension and/or permanency
Armadale Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Gardener – Handyperson to join their school.
The successful applicant maintains and presents the school grounds and gardens in a clean and tidy condition and provides a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The Gardener – Handyperson maintains tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition and provides advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services on school grounds maintenance.
Armadale PS is a Public Independent School which is located in the foothills of Armadale, 28km south east of Perth CBD and caters for children in Kindergarten to Year 6. At Armadale Primary School our specialist and highly qualified, motivated and experienced teachers and education assistants work as a unified team to offers the very best educational opportunities for its 451 students.
Programs at the school are designed to cater for the intellectual, physical, emotional and social aspects of an individual's development, with an emphasis on the whole child. We are also a Water Wise, Waste Wise and Asthma friendly school.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Armadale Primary School please visit www.armadaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Marlene Salbie, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9391 4500 or emailing Marlene.Salbie@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 September 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED