Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH597277
Challis Community Primary School (CPS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated, collaborative and committed Teachers for appointments to permanent, fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies from Year 1 - 6 which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencement within the 2020 school year.
The vibrant and positive culture at Challis is based on the belief that we can achieve “Better than postcode results… together as a Community… the Challis Way.” This relentless focus on making a difference to the social, emotional and academic outcomes for children means that we embrace and seek:
- Deep level collaboration in year level teams including planning and unpacking lessons together, sharing strategies, focusing on success for every child and continually refining our teaching so that every child is learning,
- Coaching, shadowing, feedback and reflection so that we improve our practice
- Evidenced based practices
- Opportunities to involve parents and caregivers in the classroom
- Extra-curricular opportunities that enrich the schooling experience for children and their families.
- Input from Therapists, Educational Assistants, Student Services and Lead Teachers
The connection with families starts from birth in our Parenting and Early Learning Centre and continues through our developmental groups for toddlers and Pre-Kindergarten programmes with a smooth transition to Kindergarten. Some of the school wide programmes include Phonics International, Talk4Writing, PR1ME, Spelling Mastery and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS). We utilise Explicit Direct Instruction as our lesson design when teaching new concepts and at the other end of the instructional spectrum, an Inquiry approach to apply knowledge and learning.
Teachers who are successful at Challis Community Primary School
- Value collaboration and are great communicators.
- Seek and respond to feedback.
- Believe in and advocate for children.
- Show “grit” and resilience when challenged.
- Have the courage to try, fail and try again.
- Are committed to life-long learning.
- Do whatever it takes to support children and their learning.
Our school balances high expectations for staff and students with significant in- class support including Impact Coaches, Lead Teachers and Behaviour Coaches along with access to an extensive Student Services team. Specialist programmes include Music, PE, Science and Health.
With a good number of male teachers on staff we offer programmes designed to encourage boys and their Dads to play and learn together. Our Aboriginal Girls Academy offers unique opportunities for girls in Years 4,5 and 6.
Our Leadership programme creates opportunities and pathways for staff interested in progressing their careers, while our Professional Learning programme invests heavily in staff capacity building. Graduate teachers are well supported through our Rising Stars Network which encourages, guides and leads staff through the first years of teaching.
If you are a Beginning teacher, an aspirant Level 3 teacher or a Lead Teacher with career ambitions along with a passion for making a big difference in the lives of children, and an opportunity to be challenged and supported excites you, we welcome your application.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Challis Community Primary School can be found by visiting www.challiscommunityprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lee Musumeci, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9391 4100 or emailing Lee.firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) to four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
For assistance writing your application click here
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 26 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.