Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA597209
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Carine Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an innovative leader and skilled communicator to undertake the role of Learning Centre Manager (Level 3 Program Coordinator).
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership of literacy and numeracy programs for students at education risk with some teaching in these programs
- Leadership for the management of Schools Resourcing applications
- Documented Plan development for special needs students, including case management with parents, staff and outside providers
- Management of Education Assistants to support special needs students
- Professional learning opportunities with other staff regarding students with diagnosed conditions, including differentiation strategies
- Management of budget, resources, SEN applications
The successful applicant will provide instructional leadership in relation to academic performance and innovative teaching practices ensuring the ongoing commitment of a school culture focussed on high performance and high care. Other responsibilities connected to this pivotal position include a significant role in the school’s focus on improved pedagogy and engagement through initiatives such as classroom observation and feedback.
The successful applicant will also facilitate leadership through professional learning for staff, be a highly effective communicator, demonstrate a depth of understanding in assessment practices and embrace an active role in the Senior Management Team.
Carine SHS represents the very best that government schools have to offer and is a proud independent public school as evidenced by winning the WA Secondary School of the Year in 2017. The school has a very high student retention rate, an experienced staff and an active School Council, made up of students, parents, staff and community members. The school has achieved an enviable reputation for strong academic achievement and pastoral care.
Carine SHS is a co-educational secondary school, located in the North West suburbs of Perth close to the ocean and approximately 15 kilometres from the city centre. The school was established in 1973, reaching senior high school status three years later. Since that time, the school has achieved an enviable reputation for strong academic achievement and firm discipline.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carine Senior High School can be found by visiting www.carineshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tracy Griffiths, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9243 9100 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) to four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of three (3) to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 26 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.