Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS596807
This is a permanent part-time (0.8 FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Interested in becoming an integral member of our friendly team?
Are you an exceptionally organised individual?
Yokine Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic School Officer to assist in coordinating a diverse range of day to day administrative operations and clerical responsibilities. Experience with Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) is desirable and Finance would be beneficial.
The School Officer is an integral member of the school administration team, and assists with the daily human resources aspects of the school. The position requires a candidate who possesses strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, has an eye for detail and high level of accuracy.
In this role you will support the Manager Corporate Services and undertake duties for teaching and support staff in relief payments, electronic advices, payroll processing, generating fortnightly HRMIS reports ensuring accuracy, maintaining registrations on Teachers Registration Information (Professional), Working With Children, Criminal Screening, non-teaching relief compliance and securing non-teaching relief during the work day. Familiarity with DOE policies and processes would be desirable and proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite would also be an advantage.
Experience with undertaking clerical support for school events (including assemblies, graduation and award ceremonies, parent information sessions and school tours); and proficiency with updating websites and communicating via electronic platforms (such as Connect, Flexi-Buzz and Mail Chimp) would be seen as an advantage.
The successful candidate will possess strong customer service skills, and the ability to promote positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. They will possess a calm and positive manner, and demonstrate strong communication skills and initiative in order to respond effectively to parent, community and staff queries.
Yokine Primary School is an Independent Public School located 5km north of the Perth CBD. There is a strong sense of community and tradition, focusing on supporting students’ needs academically, socially and emotionally. Our school is inclusive and embraces its rich multicultural identity. With over 40 different cultural backgrounds and almost 50% of students with language backgrounds other than English, Yokine Primary celebrates and benefits from this significant diversity. Children’s individual differences are provided for through an inclusive and personalised approach to education, and a commitment to engaging with families and the wider community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yokine Primary School can be found by visiting www.yokineps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jennifer Hirsch, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9242 2726 or emailing Jennifer.Hirsch@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.