Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS596456
This is a Permanent Part-Time (0.44 FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Looking for a job that suits your family life? This job is 3.5 hours weekday afternoons with work compacted during school holidays to allow you to spend time doing what you enjoy.
For more than 45 years, Wickham Primary School has offered a high quality education for our Kindergarten to Year 6 students. We value a safe, friendly and inclusive learning environment for staff, students and their families with respect to the strong cultural history of the Ngarluma people.
As a Cleaner, you will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning. Cleaners play a vital function ensuring that the school is clean and provides a safe and hygienic environment for our staff, students and community members.
Our school is an established and integral part of the small town community spirit that defines Wickham. Our highly experienced staff are able to build solid relationships with students and parents by implementing our whole-school positive behaviour support program of High Expectations, Respect for all and Safety.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wickham Primary School please visit www.wickhamprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Michelle Schut, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wickham, by telephoning (08) 9187 1089 or emailing email@example.com.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Michelle Schut, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 9187 1089 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.00pm (WST) on Thursday, 12 September 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED