Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS597068
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Byford SC is an Independent Public School located on Abernethy Road in Byford approximately 30 kilometres from the Perth CBD. Our College provides for the secondary education needs of students from Byford and the surrounding communities, and has an anticipated enrolment of 1450 students in Year 7-12 for 2020. Byford SC has become a focal point for secondary education provision for students with disabilities with our inclusion facilities. The College’s motto, ‘Aspire to Excellence’ clearly articulates our vision of being the secondary school of choice for the local community which provides a comprehensive suite of subjects from Years 7 to 12.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, organised and highly motivated Manager Corporate Services to establish themselves as part of the College’s collaborative leadership team. As a member of the leadership team at the College, the Manager of Corporate Services must articulate and implement a strategic vision for the College in line with that shared by the other members of the leadership team. Through strategic planning and governance within the areas of financial, physical and human resource planning, the Manager of Corporate Services will enable the College to deliver its vision of excellence in student outcomes.
The successful applicant will demonstrate experience of the strategic maintenance of a large scale and complex school site is desirable, including large scale facility and project management, and education support facilities. The ideal applicant will be an experienced manager who is a strategic thinker with the capacity to provide innovative leadership for the development of business systems and service provision.
The Manager Corporate Services will be responsible to the Principal for the day-to-day financial, physical and human resource aspects of the school's business operations and supervises all school support staff. The successful applicant will be required to monitor and report on the financial integrity of the school's operations to a variety of audiences including the College Board, staff and community, provide operational input to financial planning and budgeting, including the diverse funding entities for which the school is responsible. You may be required to participate in school-based and Regional committees and working groups to ensure alignment with the school's business targets and objectives as well as administer financial, administrative and information systems to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and Departmental policies and guidelines.
To be successful in this role you will need to have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders and colleagues. Utilising your outstanding financial management and strategic planning skills to effectively guide decision making regarding physical, financial and human resources is essential. Exemplary leadership and professionalism is required to review and establish processes and policies for a new school which will continue to grow and evolve as the school increases in enrolments and additional staff in future years in line with community growth.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Highly developed skills and experience in managing corporate services functions in a dynamic organisational environment.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in financial processes and budget preparation and an understanding of the financial regulatory framework, including the Financial Management Act, reporting and governance requirements of government organisations and other relevant legislation.
- Highly developed human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and apply human resource management practices and systems in leading and managing staff.
- Substantial experience in the development, implementation, management and monitoring of strategic business, marketing and operational plans.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult, collaborate and negotiate effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Research and conceptual skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sacha Bradley, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9550 6100 or emailing Sacha.Bradley@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager and one being someone you have line managed)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.