Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS597302
Have you got what it takes to make our school shine?
Bridgetown Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of diligent and self-motivated Cleaners In Charge for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
The Cleaner In Charge is responsible for organising and supervising school cleaning staff, job inductions for new staff, liaising with the Manager Corporate Services on cleaning matters, carrying out cleaning of internal and external areas, including the disposal of rubbish. Suitable applicants will be required to raise issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners, report on general maintenance items and respond where appropriate to issues raised by other school staff.
In this role, you will oversee the cleaner’s timebook. You will also be responsible for the ordering and stocktake of cleaning products and regular maintenance of cleaning equipment. Applicants will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and ideally have experience supervising staff.
The Cleaner In Charge will maintain high levels of hygiene and contribute to the professional presentation of the school. The Cleaner In Charge will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. The Cleaner In Charge will perform external cleaning, including the cleaning of veranda’s and covered areas, rubbish removal, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties as required by the school. The Cleaner In Charge will be required to undertake their duties in a morning shift.
Bridgetown PS moved to its current site in 1911 and our facilities are a mix of old heritage and modern buildings. The school community is very supportive with an active P&C enhancing our facilities and providing resources. Current student enrolments are approximately 260 catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bridgetown Primary School can be found by visiting www.bridgetownps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Anne Flynn, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bridgetown, by telephoning (08) 9761 1102 or emailing Anne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.30pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 September 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED