Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS593619
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Do you have a passion for working with youth to make a significant difference in their lives?
Lesmurdie Senior High School is seeking to appoint a motivated, passionate and hardworking Student Support Officer (Youth Worker).
The successful applicant will provide support for students, build family partnerships and create community links in order to improve social, emotional and behavioural outcomes for our students. The Student Support Officer will work as part of a multidisciplinary Student Support team with teachers, other professionals and stakeholders to develop these outcomes.
The Student Support Officer will need to possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. They will also be required to facilitate identified programs and maintain comprehensive records. A collaborative and consultative approach is essential at all times. Prior experience supporting students through mentoring, counselling, school engagement, assessing levels of risk, interagency links and case management will be considered favourably.
Lesmurdie SHS has an established reputation where all students are motivated to achieve excellence in their academic, sporting and cultural endeavours. Our students are friendly, confident and successful and our teaching and support staff provide a distinctive, comprehensive education with strong academic and vocational pathways assisted by effective pastoral care programs.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Effective planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing prioritises within timelines.
- Good research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students experiencing difficulties.
- Knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lesmurdie Senior High School can be found by visiting www.lesmurdie.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lyn Harris, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9291 1200 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 18 September 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.