Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS595687
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Can you make our school a clean and safe environment for our students?
Bridgetown High School (HS) is seeking a reliable and team orientated individual to join their team in the role of Cleaner in Charge.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including arranging relief staff, job inductions for new staff, liaising with the Manager of Corporate Services on cleaning matters, carrying out cleaning of internal and external areas and ensuring emptying of all rubbish containers. The successful applicant will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners and respond to issues raised by other school staff. Ideally the successful applicant will possess great communication skills and experience in supervising staff.
Bridgetown HS is located 270km south of Perth on the Blackwood River in the South West region of Western Australia and proudly meets the needs of local students in Years 7 to 10.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Bridgetown High School please visit www.bridgetownhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Karen Fox, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bridgetown, by telephoning (08) 9761 0100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.30pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 September 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED