Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS596356
Do you have the passion to work collaboratively with others to make a difference?
Ngaanyatjarra Lands School is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and reliable Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2019. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2019.
Successful applicants will be required to assist in the delivery of planned education programs that will help to build confidence and develop the minds of young people. You will assist with the implementation of individual and small group programs, and support the general health and well-being of students.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess good interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with staff and students to build positive relationships that facilitate the achievement of learning and development outcomes for students. Ideally, you will demonstrate passion and a strong desire to work with students from diverse backgrounds to make a positive difference and a valuable contribution to their lives.
The Ngaanyatjarra Lands School comprises of nine campuses spread across the Western Desert of Western Australia and provides for students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Although the campuses are separated by large distances, they are bound together by the culture of the Ngaanyatjarra people. Most of the over 300 students are Aboriginal, living in communities that make up Western Desert cultural bloc, and have Ngaanyatjarra, Pintupi or Pitjantjatjara as their first language. The school includes the following campuses:
Applicants who apply to this pool may be appointed to any of the above campuses within the Ngaanyatjarra Education Region.
Accommodation is not provided for these positions.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ngaanyatjarra Lands School can be found by visiting www.nglandschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Rebecca Boeg, Business Support Officer, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in the Ngaanyatjarra Area, by telephoning (08) 9068 5352 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.