Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS597269
Do you enjoy helping and caring for children, to support and encourage them to do their best?
Bridgetown Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of passionate and caring Education Assistants – Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
Bridgetown Primary PS caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. We believe in quality and inclusion for all and that our students can be high achievers. This belief underpins our commitment to “quality education for all”. Education Assistants are a vital part of our highly professional, dedicated team at Bridgetown PS, where everyone is committed to the success of all students.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to work with students with special needs and provide feedback on education and specialised programs, as well as participate in the evaluation
process to ensure learning outcomes are met. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with teachers. You will need to be organised and able to use your initiative to assist the school implement inclusive social, emotional and academic learning programs. Under teacher direction, you will liaise with parents and care givers regarding student progress.
Bridgetown PS moved to its current site in 1911 and our facilities are a mix of old heritage and modern buildings. The school community is very supportive with an active P&C enhancing our facilities and providing resources. The school has a shared leadership structure and there is a focus on developing leaders across the school. Current student enrolments are approximately 260 catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bridgetown Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Anne Flynn, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bridgetown, by telephoning (08) 9761 1102 or emailing Anne.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) to five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 September 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.