Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS596231
This advertisement is for two (2) permanent full-time positions commencing Term 1, 2020
Are you seeking an exciting and new opportunity to contribute to and shape the future of young people?
Dalyellup College is a progressive, state-of-the-art and ideally located Year 7-12 educational precinct in Bunbury that is seeking two dedicated and enthusiastic Student Support Coordinators to join their friendly and nurturing Student Services team.
The Student Support Coordinators will report to the Student Services Manager and will be responsible for specific cohorts of students. In collaboration with the Student Services team, the primary focus of the role will be to support the attendance, behavioural and social/emotional developmental needs of students, identifying and resolving barriers to educational engagement to facilitate improved academic achievement. To ensure high quality outcomes for students, the Student Support Coordinator will need to build positive, professional working relationships with students, staff, parents and stakeholders.
The Student Support Coordinators, in collaboration with other Student Services staff, will also identify and deliver evidence based social/emotional programs to support identified student learning needs.
Dalyellup College features contemporary, state-of-the-art facilities, located in the community of Dalyellup on the outskirts of Bunbury in the Capel Shire. It is an Independent Public School catering for approximately 800 secondary students from Year 7-12. The community of Dalyellup (‘a village in the forest by the sea’) is growing, with new land and homes being built. The College forms part of an Independent Public Schools Cluster together with Dalyellup Primary School, Tuart Forest Primary School and Capel Primary School. In the context of the Student Support Coordinator roles, the successful applicants will work in close collaboration within the Cluster to ensure seamless transitions for students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- well developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and work autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment.
- well developed research, conceptual and analytical skills and experience in identifying problems and developing appropriate intervention strategies and support programs.
- skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students who are experiencing difficulties.
- knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dalyellup College can be found by visiting dalyellupcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kolin van der Wal, Principal, by telephoning 0408 900 455 or emailing Kolin.VanDerWal@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- possess a Tertiary qualification in the Social or Behavioural Science area;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 16 October 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.