Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS595324
This is a permanent part-time (0.63FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
East Narrogin Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated, proactive Gardener – Handyperson to join our friendly team.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy condition. The Gardener - Handyperson will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe, vibrant and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties using safe work practices and in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Good interpersonal skills are highly desirable, along with the ability to receive and carry out instruction as required. The successful applicant will ideally also have an excellent working knowledge of gardening machinery and reticulation.
East Narrogin PS, established in 1963, is vibrant and exciting, with visitors often struck by the friendliness and confidence of our students. Nestled in the country town of Narrogin, our school is renowned for providing a welcoming, caring and stimulating learning environment, with a focus on high standards for our students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about East Narrogin Primary School please visit www.eastnarroginps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Fiona Kirby, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Narrogin, by telephoning (08) 9882 1600 or emailing Fiona.Kirby@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 September 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED