Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS594635
This is a permanent part time (0.6 FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are looking for a rewarding challenge?
Piara Waters Primary School (PS) are seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure. As a team player you will demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and be able to liaise with staff and students.
The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Manager Corporate Services with administering the financial resources of the school including undertaking account and GST coding, reconciliations, invoice processing and BAS/FREDA returns. You will be required to assist with month-end procedures, including transporting receipts to the bank and ensuring data integrity and collate figures for financial planning and budgeting.
As the successful School Officer you will assist with the management of school assets, including assistance with the administration of out-of-hours use of school facilities, coordinating and negotiating maintenance and repairs and maintaining key registers and security system codes. This role will also require you to assist with the induction and support of administrative school support staff development of induction programs and materials for school support staff, and the coordination of relief staff and provide advice to staff on travel, subsidies and allowances.
You will administer the operation of school databases, records and management information systems including timetabling and establish ordering procedures for office consumables. As the successful applicant you will also create and prepare school materials for publication and undertakes routine analyses and reports on results.
Our school vision of Collaboration, Community and Contemporary underpins everything that we do. We aspire to being known as a contemporary learning environment that empowers students to learn, grow and thrive as active citizens who will positively contribute to their community.
Piara Waters PS opened in February 2012 catering for students in Kindergarten to Year 6 and is located in the suburb of Piara Waters (South Metropolitan Education Region). Piara Waters PS became an Independent Public School in 2015
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Perth Modern School can be found by visiting www.piarawatersps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Janet Mailey, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9397 4300 mobile 0429 376 519 or emailing Janet.Mailey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 11 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.