Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE595871
This is a fixed term, full-time position finishing on the 1 August 2021, commencing ASAP possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
The Finance and Commercial Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Compliance Officer in the Financial Services branch.
The Compliance Officer provide high-level support to Principals and Managers Corporate Services on compliance matters in schools whilst assisting in the review, maintenance and preparation of compliance workpapers/programs. The successful applicant will conduct and participate in school compliance reviews within Western Australia, whilst undertaking research to assess the control environment in schools.
The successful applicant will identify issues arising from policy changes, financial and taxation reforms and the introduction of new systems or technology. You will contribute to developing best practice in finance, administration, human resources and related disciplines. The successful applicant will contribute to the derivation, continuity and improvement of the School Compliance Review Program and the School Control Self Assessment Program.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Practical knowledge of audit and compliance procedures, activity and techniques, especially related to contemporary approaches to audit.
- Practical knowledge of the role of audit and compliance in organisational accountability and in the broader context of relevant whole of government issues.
- Well developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify innovative solutions to solving problems.
- Well developed ability to work independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Eric Fleming, Principal Compliance Officer, by telephoning (08) 9264 4167 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two page statement addressing the first three Work Related Requirements listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- hold or obtain a current Western Australian Driver’s Licence as the position requires significant travel throughout the metropolitan area as well as some travel in regional locations
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 18 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED