Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS595611
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Oakwood Primary School is seeking a highly motivated, proactive Gardener – Handyperson to join a dynamic educational team and join a new school with the vision ‘children are the heart of our school’ and ethos that reflects the area, the community and most importantly, the needs of our children. The successful applicant will be a valued part of a growing team that builds a school culture that is positive and inclusive.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy condition. The Gardener - Handyperson will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe, vibrant and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties using safe work practices and in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Good interpersonal skills are necessary, along with the ability to receive and carry out instruction as required. The school is committed to developing a culture of ‘High Care and Performance’ by engaging, consulting and working collaboratively with the school community to provide a learning environment that is positive and underpinned by a strong set of values. We continue to work with the local community to develop a vision to shape the direction of our school and reflect the uniqueness and diversity of our students.
The successful applicant will be part of a team that builds a school culture that challenges, invigorates and extends young minds. Oakwood PS opened for Pre Primary and Kindergarten students in 2018 and extended from Kindergarten to Year 6 in 2019 in purpose built, modern facilities. The school services the suburbs of Meadow Springs, Madora Bay and San Remo and is an Independent Public School. The school has a strong sense of community engagement and aims to provide a dynamic learning environment that is positive, inclusive and underpinned by strong values.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Oakwood Primary School please visit oakwoodps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Monique Tennyenhuis, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9586 7600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to email@example.com.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 September 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED