Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP596854
This is a twenty-four (24) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Dianella Primary College (PC) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and professional individual to join our team as the Deputy Principal.
As the Deputy Principal you will support and embed our whole school literacy plan and support our ongoing implementation of effective intentional play based learning in the early years. The successful applicant will have experience in achieving the NQS and an effective working knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum. In addition, you will provide support in individual case management of students around behaviour and attendance.
The successful applicant will have the ability to build close and lasting relationships with our diverse school community, including Aboriginal and CaLD students. They will support staff across the school to achieve our whole school initiatives and Business Plan targets; these include improved literacy and numeracy outcomes, effective data analysis, curriculum differentiation and teacher self-reflection, parental engagement and ongoing implementation of the Aboriginal Cultural Standards.
Dianella PC is a great place to work. The staff are committed, hard-working and willing to go above and beyond for each other and for the students. We all share ownership, accountability and responsibility to the school community and the progress of our students. We all work hard on being a healthy school with a great internal culture and the successful applicant will build on this strong school culture.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Further information about Dianella Primary College can be found by visiting https://www.dianellapc.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Anthony Middleton, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9344 8655 or emailing Anthony.Middleton@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 11 October 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.