Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS596258
This is a permanent, full time (1.0FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
WA College of Agriculture - Harvey is looking for a dedicated and experienced Kitchen Hand to join their team.
The suitable applicant will assist the Chef and Cook with food preparation for the College and occasionally external groups, assist with cleaning of kitchen, utensils and equipment, serving of meals, washing dishes and maintain organised and clean storage areas. They will promptly report equipment and facilities faults whilst undertaking other related duties, as requested.
The suitable applicants will be required to work supervised and unsupervised, be able to perform to a high standard of health, safety and hygiene within their work and be able to work unassisted and also within a team.
WACOA Harvey is located about 1.5 hours south of Perth, Western Australia, and is 20 minutes from the Ocean and 30 minutes north of Bunbury. It is situated in the heart of the Harvey irrigation district, which services the dairy and horticulture industries and enjoys access to a significant range of agricultural industry and recreation opportunities. It consists of the College Farm, Residential Buildings, Classrooms, Trade Training Workshops and Administration.
The College is a co-educational facility providing secondary education to years 10, 11 and 12 students. The College has its own residential facilities which can accommodate up to 128 students. Current student enrolments are at approximately 170 students, comprising mainly of boarding students, with the remaining as day students,
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to a busy schedule.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Ability to use all cleaning equipment supplied to colleges, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to carry out laundry or cleaning or catering duties, including the safe operation of cleaning or laundry or kitchen equipment and appliances.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College Of Agriculture - Harvey can be found by visiting www.harveyag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Bernard Murnane, Head of Residence, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wokalup, by telephoning (08) 9782 2100 or emailing Bernard.Murnane@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 17 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.