Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP596349
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Halls Head College are seeking a demonstrated leader to be our Associate Principal – Strategy and Performance to lead and manage change in a large, growing Independent Public School.
Your skills and comprehensive experience that are sought by the College include:
- Positive influencer and negotiator
- Collaborative and outstanding leadership qualities
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Outstanding change leadership and management
- Strong representational skills at the highest level
- Delivering critical financial obligations
The successful applicant will demonstrate innovative, high level and proven ability and skills in working collaboratively to effectively improve, embed and achieve desired partnerships, protocols and outcomes. In this position you will lead discussions in collaboration with the Executive and Leadership teams (as well as key stakeholders) to develop and deliver bold, innovative and creative solutions for our College that align to our mission and values.
Your outstanding proven experience and ability to influence, shape and deliver on contemporary thinking, as well as managing and delivering innovative and visionary solutions is essential. You will be a significant change agent both leading and managing comprehensive change in a large and complex organisation.
Your roles and responsibilities include:
- working with the Principal and Executive in ensuring crucial directions are maintained, intent is aligned and actions executed following comprehensive consultation and collaboration with key parties from across the college and beyond;
- manage and deliver on critical financial obligations;
- deliver and embed a culture of bold and strategic solutions;
- embedding and implementing exemplary and practical policies and practices;
- working with the Principal to hold staff accountable and deliver on leadership obligations;
- developing and delivering processes to effectively manage and improve staff performance;
- ensure high level compliance with relevant practices, policies and procedures;
- assist in managing, forecasting and developing workforce and financial planning.
You will efficiently and effectively lead comprehensive change management processes, introduce and execute on value adding strategies and protocols for this large and complex organisation.
Halls Head College is uniquely situated on the 'island' of Halls Head just south of Mandurah. The local intake area of Halls Head College is south, close to the Waroona Shire boundary. The contributory primary schools are Glencoe, Halls Head, Falcon, South Halls Head and Ocean Road. The college provides a secondary education for students who live in the rapidly growing coastal strip, south of Mandurah.
Our college offers all students diverse choices, authentic opportunities to develop essential life skills and a rigorous, caring and safe environment to learn and grow in. Our staff has a wealth of expertise, experience and a genuine desire to constantly improve their practice to benefit all students.
Students are encouraged to think critically and creatively, develop problem solving skills and work effectively both individually and in groups to achieve their goals. Our impressive record of achievement in vocational education and training is supported by outstanding facilities and industry trained staff. In addition, students bound for university are supported by rigorous delivery and expertise in a broad array of areas to ensure they are competitive in their chosen pathway. The varied curriculum and pathway opportunities allow each student to develop their individual passions and talents. A technology rich teaching and learning environment and an ongoing drive to ensure Halls Head staff are up to date with cutting edge developments, ensures our students leave college well equipped for a fast changing future.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Head College can be found by visiting www.hallsheadcc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Bronwyn White, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9581 0600 or emailing Bronwyn.White2@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) to six (6) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the college;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 17 September 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.