Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS596917
WA College of Agriculture - Cunderdin is seeking to establish a pool of Male Residential Supervisors for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
As a Residential Supervisor you will provide appropriate pastoral care and supervision of residential students, as required and implement discipline and behaviour standards in accordance with Departmental and College policy. You will be required to supervise students undertaking sporting and recreational activities along with ensuring students receive appropriate care to maintain health and wellbeing.
As the suitable applicants you will assist students to develop personal and social capabilities, in accordance with the College plan while also planning, organising and transporting students to activities such as interschool visits, camp outs, sporting fixtures and entertainment events. You will provide appropriate security and supervision of College facilities to visiting groups and also implement operational procedures and standards, including security and emergency.
Suitable applicants will be required to provide security for the site and its personnel, as required. You will also maintain student records including student behaviour, student health requirements, student leave, vehicle-use log books and student report comments, as required by the College.
The WA College of Agriculture - Cunderdin provides Year 11 and 12 students with a unique educational experience focused on innovation and excellence. The College is located adjacent to the Wheatbelt town of Cunderdin, 160kms east of Perth. Students are offered the opportunity to achieve the best possible educational outcomes within the context of a commercially operating farm, state of the art trade training workshops and a 134 bed residential facility.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Demonstrated sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated skills and understandings appropriate to the supervision and care of young people in a residential environment.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to plan, organise, implement and record activities
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about WA College of Agriculture - Cunderdin can be found by visiting cunderdinag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Elysha Gillis, Residential Manager for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin, by telephoning (08) 9635 2100 or emailing Elysha.Gillis@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Hold or obtain within the first three months of appointment:
- An MR Class Vehicles Driver’s Licence with F endorsement;
- A Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 September 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.