Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH592370
Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH592370
Children are the heart of our school.
Are you a passionate, hardworking teacher looking for an opportunity to make a difference in children’s lives? Do you have the energy and fortitude to work in a new school environment with high expectations and a commitment to excellence and collaborative practices?
Byford South East Primary School (planning name) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during Term 1 of 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within this time.
Foundation teachers at Byford South East Primary School (planning name) will be required to support the development of a positive school environment through a willingness to take on additional roles beyond the classroom. They will need to have the demonstrated capacity to show initiative, embrace leadership opportunities and work collaboratively and inclusively with a growing team. They must have the ability to anticipate and adapt to change, incorporate professional flexibility and innovation and the capacity to establish strong, positive and productive relationships with students, peers and the wider school community. They will demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning, improvement and reflection through professional development, data analysis and accountability and participation in learning communities focused on developing teacher expertise and knowledge.
Successful applicants will be passionate and motivated educators who are committed to improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for our students through whole school approaches and explicit teaching. They will demonstrate an ability to create an engaging, effective, inclusive learning environment based on high expectations, best practice, early intervention and integrated use of ICT for learning.
Early Childhood Education applicants should also have a strong understanding of the National Quality Standards, WA Curriculum Framework, Kindergarten Curriculum Guidelines and the Early Years Framework. Suitable applicants will be required to implement the school’s purposeful play-based learning approach in early childhood alongside other whole school approaches to learning.
Byford South East PS (planning name) will build a nurturing community who embrace a collective responsibility of building brighter futures together for our children. We will provide a sense of belonging and the opportunity for every child, every day to find joy, be challenged and experience success. Our commitment to families is to offer a first-class education in state-of-the-art facilities so that our students not only grow but thrive.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford South East Primary School (planning name) can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information
Please contact Rebecca Instance, Principal by telephoning 0436 915 396 or emailing Rebecca.Instance@education.wa.eu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
You are required to attach a personal resume and covering letter outlining your skills and experiences in relation to the position. It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone ((08) 9264 4127.
- Please note that should you be short listed for interview you will meet with the panel for a formal discussing to address the Work Related Requirements; in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- At the end of this assessment period you will also have some time to give the panel a presentation of your relevant skills and abilities that you could bring to Byford South East Primary School (planning name).
- For more information regarding the interview process please contact Rebecca Instance, Principal Byford South East Primary School (planning name) by phoning 0436 915 396 or by emailing Rebecca.Instance@education.wa.eu.au.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
For assistance writing your application click here.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- be eligible for,or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 September 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED