Manager Retail Services
Join the dynamic team delivering Western Australia’s new world class museum. We are looking for an innovative and experienced retail manager to lead the successful operation of six stores across the WA Museum network.
The Western Australian Museum’s vision is to be an excellent and vibrant Museum, valued and used by all Western Australians and admired and visited by the world.
The WA Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable and diverse working environment and providing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and young people. The Museum values the importance of a work environment which is representative of the wider community and which supports a variety of perspectives.
This is a full time, permanent vacancy. There will also be a Pool running for a period of 12 months from the initial appointment. Applicants deemed suitable will be placed into a pool where appointments may be considered for similar vacancies for full-time, part-time, casual, fixed term or permanent.
A current ‘C’ class (minimum) drivers licence is required.
This position will initially be located in Fremantle, however during 2020 this position will relocate to the Perth within the Culture Centre hub.
The Manager Retail Services is responsible for the operation of the retail services across the Western Australian Museum’s six shops to meet key business priorities. This role manages the development of merchandise plans, including stock control, the management of retail systems and processes to ensure the overall profitability and effectiveness of the group.
Specific duties you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Develop and manage the implementation of strategies and efficiencies in the areas of retail, group purchasing, quality product development and e-commerce initiatives with a goal to increase sales, visibility and viability of Museum shops.
- Work with staff across the Museum to develop, implement and manage the business processes and activities of the Museum shops and retail space.
- Work with divisional managers and staff to ensure that shops across the Museum, are operating effectively, including planning stock displays to ensure floor stock levels and store appearance are maintained to a high standard.
How to apply for this position
Applicants are required to apply on-line and must provide;
- a comprehensive CV
- no more than a four A4 page (Word or PDF document) outlining your skills and knowledge in relation to the Work-Related Requirements that are listed on the attached Job Description Form
- For further details on how to apply please read the attached ‘Applicant Information Package’.
To submit your application, please click on the Apply for Job button.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact a member of the HR Team on (08) 6552 7585 or email email@example.com for further assistance.
Please note that all of the Essential Work-Related Requirements will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
For further job related information, please contact Jason Fair on 0417 979 657 (not to be contacted for an Applicant Information Package).
NO FAXED, LATE OR PROFORMA APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
To avoid last minute congestion of the system which may result in your application being received after the closing time and therefore not be eligible, please endeavour to submit your application well before the closing time.
- 14497 - manager retail services l5 - 23.07.19.pdf
- applicant information package - wam.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.