Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS594007
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Mount Lawley Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a reliable and conscientious Cleaner to make a valuable addition to our team.
As a Cleaner you would carry out internal cleaning duties including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you would carry out external cleaning duties including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge. The successful applicant must be able to use a range of cleaning equipment including a backpack vacuum cleaner, a leaf blower, carpet cleaner and polisher.
Ideally, the successful applicant will be flexible with good communication skills, will show initiative and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Mount Lawley PS opened in 1912 and is constructed from brick and iron which fits in with the Federation style of the area. With a major rebuild in 2015, the school has modern, air-conditioned classrooms including a Library Resource Centre and Music Room. In addition, there is a covered assembly area with stage, food technologies area and Dental Therapy Centre.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Mount Lawley Primary School please visit www.mountlawleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Lisa Freegard, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9370 2170 or emailing Lisa.Freegard@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Telephone Lisa Freegard, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9370 2170 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 August 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED