Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS594710
Are you a hardworking cleaner? If yes, we want you!
Margaret River Senior High School (MRSHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs. They will also complete vacation cleaning duties, including, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential. Cleaners will need to show punctuality and comply with Department of Education Policy and Procedures within their role
Margaret River SHS is a high performing Independent Public school and suitable applicants will demonstrate a commitment to facilitating student achievement and possess excellent inter personal skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Margaret River Senior High School please visit www.margaretrivershs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Christine HM Tan, Human Resource Officer, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Margaret River, by telephoning (08) 9757 0705 or emailing Christine.Tan@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 August 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED