Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS588490
Can you make our school sparkle?
South Stirling Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners In Charge for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2020.
Excellent cleaning skills, attention to detail and an ability to use allocated hours efficiently to meet school requirements is essential. Ordering and stocktake of cleaning products and regular maintenance of cleaning equipment will be undertaken by the successful applicant. They will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters.
South Stirling Primary School offers a warm supportive environment where every child's individual needs are met. Our experienced and dedicated staff really care about making a difference to the educational outcomes of every child.
Located 68kms from Albany, we provide a successful education to students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school values are based on Being Safe, being a Team Player, striving to Achieve and showing Respect or being a South Stirling STAR. These values underpin our school wide positive behaviour process. This process has an emphasis on actively teaching what good behaviour looks like.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about South Stirling Primary School please visit Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Erin Plunkett, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Stirling, by telephoning (08) 9854 3037 or emailing Erin.email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours by appointment (Monday to Thursday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Erin Plunkett, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 9854 3037 during office hours (Monday to Thursday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday 4 September 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED