Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE593016
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension
The Business and Customer Services (BCS) Directorate is looking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Leasing Officer in the Finance Services branch.
The Department recently implemented the new Australian Accounting Standard (AASB 16) in regards to leasing and requires a Leasing Officer to provide quality advice and support to internal and external stakeholders on a range of operational, legislative and procedural leasing matters. This role will focus on assisting with the development of systems to support new processes, stakeholder engagement and documentation of processes.
The BCS Directorate supports the objectives and outcomes of clients by providing value for money corporate services through skilled and motivated people. The BCS aims to deliver services within an environment of standardised systems and processes.
The Finance Services Branch provides accounts payable, accounts receivable, maintenance of the Department’s asset registers, credit card management, lease administration, debt recovery, general ledger and taxation services.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound understanding of and experience in applying accounting concepts, practices and financial reporting as they relate to leasing.
- Sound knowledge and application of the Financial Management Act 2006, Regulations and Treasurer’s Instructions as related to the management and control of expenditure.
- Sound skills and experience in the development and use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop effective networks and working relationships, provide quality advice and negotiate effectively.
- Capacity to supervise others, manage workloads effectively and work independently with limited supervision.
- Sound conceptual and analytical skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Bill Barnard, Assets and Leasing Team Leader, by telephoning (08) 9264 8311 or emailing Bill.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to three (3) addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to six (6) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED