Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP594654
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Are you an inspirational and experienced educational leader committed to building a culture of excellence in teaching and learning? Are you looking for a professionally rewarding career at a new secondary school?
Harrisdale Senior High School (SHS) seeks to appoint a dynamic and progressive Associate Principal with the experience, passion and drive to establish a school of excellence in teaching and learning.
The Associate Principal will be a vital member of the school’s leadership team. He/she will work closely with the Principal and other team members to develop and promote Harrisdale SHS’s vision and mission in the school community. The Associate Principal will demonstrate the ability to lead and guide teachers and support staff to plan and deliver high-quality teaching and learning programs. He/she will actively support continued implementation of explicit, direct instruction as a school wide pedagogy.
The Associate Principal will promote, model and nurture the school’s values of excellence, respect, responsibility and care within the whole school community. Key leadership and management responsibilities include strengthening existing programs and developing new initiatives and related student management information systems. The demonstrated ability to create and embed a positive learning environment conducive to effective learning and teaching will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will be a proven high-performer with demonstrated, successful leadership and management experience and strong professional knowledge in the areas of responsibility. In particular, as the school prepares for its first senior secondary intake in 2021, the Associate Principal will demonstrate the professional knowledge and experience to lead and manage effectively within a Year 7 to Year 12 context. The successful applicant will have the ability to plan strategically and to identify innovative and practical solutions to problems and challenges. He/she will be a highly effective communicator with a demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding levels of service delivery.
Harrisdale Senior High School opened in 2017 at Year 7 level, and is expanding each year until it caters for Years 7-to-12 in 2022. The school is experiencing steep enrolment growth and the projected enrolment next year is for 1270 students in Years 7, 8, 9 and 10. Located approximately 28 kilometres from the Perth CBD in the City of Armadale, Harrisdale Senior High School services the rapidly growing population in Perth’s south-eastern corridor.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harrisdale Senior High School can be found by visiting harrisdaleshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Leila Bothams, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9397 8000 or emailing Leila.Bothams@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 27 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.