Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS592599
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2019
Leonora District High School (DHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistant – Mainstream to join their friendly team.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs, including managing small groups of students under the direction of the teacher that will help in the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students.
The successful applicant will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. You will ideally have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group based programs.
Leonora DHS is located in the mining community of Leonora, 840km north east of Perth and 240km north of the regional centre, Kalgoorlie. The present population of the town is approximately 700. Employment is mainly in mining, local business and to a lesser degree in public administration and in the pastoral industry. Leonora is on the edge of the Central Desert region; featuring hot summers, cool winters and a very low rainfall average of about 233 mm per year.
Our school motto 'We Care, We Succeed’ is about 'whole of child' education. Our learning and teaching programs at Leonora DHS endeavour to treat people honestly, consistently, fairly and openly. We encourage people to be creative, use their initiative and to work towards a high level of competence and responsibility
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with students, teachers, parents and professional staff on the provision of educational programs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
- Ability to assist teachers in implementing education programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leonora District High School can be found by visiting www.leonoradhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Jennie Young, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Leonora, by telephoning (08) 9037 6143 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.