Please be advised as of 4.30pm on Wednesday, 14 August 2019 a change has been made to the position title.
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE592590
This is a permanent full-time position commencing September, 2019
The Strategy, Policy and Governance Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Program Officer in the Policy and Program Governance branch.
The successful applicant will support the Senior Research Officer with researching, developing, implementing and maintaining the project and program management methodology for the Department, including the Department’s operations, strategic frameworks, systems and tools. You will undertake research, analysis and evaluation of proposed projects to ensure compliance with Department methodology, processes and procedures.
As the successful Program Officer you will undertake reviews and evaluations for the governance committees of strategic education programs, projects, policies and initiatives. You will also provide support and guidance to project managers on project management methodology and reporting requirements of the governance committees.
You will be required to monitor and review the effectiveness of project management reporting to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and provide recommendations for improvement. This role will involve supporting the provision of executive services to Corporate Executive and its governance committees, including, collation of agendas, papers, minutes and items.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed research, analytical and conceptual skills and proven capacity to provide innovative thinking in problem solving
- Well developed written communications skills, including experience in preparing procedures, guidelines and briefings
- Well developed oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work in a team and liaise with a wide range of individuals
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary organisational management and project management methodology, including project planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation
- Experience in the delivery of a proactive, efficient and effective administrative and executive support service to strategic governance committees
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Mary Devereux, Manager, by telephoning (08) 9264 4001 or emailing Mary.Devereux@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 20 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED