Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS594305
This is a three (3) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Bull Creek Primary School (PS) is looking to appoint a diligent and enthusiastic Education Assistant – Mainstream to join our dedicated team.
As the succesful applicant, you will be highly competent, experienced and passionate. Ideally, you will have sound teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills in a recent and relevant educational environment that will demonstrate your capacity to assist the teacher with the delivery of planned education programs. You will also be required to demonstrate knowledge of and experience in using the "Sounds Write Program" and an ability to structure learning activities to support children with needs.
At Bull Creek PS you will be expected to work as part of a whole school team committed to high expectations of all staff and students, and high levels of capability and performance. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate their successful history of working in collaboration with teachers to assist with the preparation of learning experiences and the general care and wellbeing of students.
Bull Creek PS was established in 1975 and became an Independent Public School in 2014. Catering for students starting at Kindergarten through to Year six, we pride ourselves on the warm welcoming culture that exists within the school. Our school is family orientated with significant parental involvement. Respect for other cultures and respect for all school community members is an important part of the values and beliefs held at our school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bull Creek Primary School can be found by visiting www.bullcreekps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tracey Owen, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 6216 4400 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.