Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE583198
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Statewide Services is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, solutions focused and committed Technical Support Officer in the Complex Cases: Reporting, Monitoring and Placement branch based at Statewide Services in Padbury.
In collaboration with the Principal Advisor, the successful applicant will work as part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution by providing practical, accurate and timely advice with information and support to schools and networks regarding student support services. The successful applicant will collaborate and liaise with other teams in Statewide Services on shared priorities and initiatives to deliver integrated services and support. This will include the development of practical resources and the integration of system level data processes that inform and identify targeted areas for improvement.
As the Technical Support Officer you will focus on providing technical direction, research, advice and support to Departmental staff in relation to system functionality, database integration, processes, protocols, and relevant resources.
Other responsibilities will include providing executive support to senior officers, including preparation and coordination of correspondence and briefing notes. In addition, you will administer and monitor financial expenditure against budgetary provision, prepare summary financial reports and provides detailed input to the preparation and management of program and reporting budgets.
The Statewide Services Division is responsible for the central portfolios that deliver support services to students and schools across the State to improve educational outcomes for all students. This includes ensuring there is state-wide integration of support to schools and students, providing policy advice, allocating resources, and monitoring programs and services to ensure high standards.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- proficiency in providing administrative services, including experience in technical systems and databases support, executive services and administering and reporting on financial systems and budgets.
- well-developed research, conceptual and analytical skills, including experience in managing complex and/or sensitive data to identify trends and issues.
- well-developed written communication skills and the ability to prepare correspondence, briefing notes and guidelines.
- well-developed verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels and to work effectively in a team environment.
- well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to deliver outcomes on schedule.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Rick Firns, Principal Advisor, by telephoning (08) 9402 6359 or emailing Rick.Firns@eduction.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 2, 4 and 5, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 22 August 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED