Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS593583
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you have a green thumb?
Warwick Senior High School is seeking to appoint a dedicated and hardworking Trainee gardener to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy working to provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will be required to assist with maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy welcoming condition, under the supervision and instruction of the Gardeners. We are looking for a team player to work collaboratively with all staff as part of a whole school community.
The successful person will complete training in Certificate III.
Warwick High School is committed to equal employment opportunity. To increase diversity in our school workforce, applications from persons with disability are strongly encouraged. This position is being advertised as a measure to achieve equality under 66R of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984(WA).
Warwick Senior High School is a modern and progressive Independent Public School in the northern suburbs of Perth. We are a welcoming and inclusive learning environment. The school is in close proximity to main roads, public transport, shopping centres and community amenities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Warwick Senior High School please visit www.warwickshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lynn Jensen, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 6240 4400 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Lynn Jensen, Manager Corporate Services, on 6240 4400 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 August 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED