Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SA590473
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
A briefing for prospective applicants for this vacancy will be held on Tuesday 20 August 2019 at the Palms Centre, Subiaco. Further information is available on Facebook .
Bob Hawke College – opening 2020 is seeking a dedicated, talented and innovative Head of Learning Area (HOLA) Mathematics.
We are looking for an applicant with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who is committed to achieving exceptional educational outcomes for all students. These skills will see you negotiate effectively and build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels as we build and then operate this vibrant and innovative school.
Importantly, there is a projected enrolment of 250 Year 7 students in 2020. It is anticipated that this role will evolve as the school grows in size until the anticipated enrolment of 1500 in 2025.
The HOLA is responsible for the creation of a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focussing on the development of the whole child. The successful applicant will have the following attributes: They will be able to demonstrate care; be curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the College and the community; have a sense of humour; and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
In addition to these attributes, the successful applicant will have the knowledge and skills to lead the establishment of an exceptional Mathematics program. Key elements of this program include creating an environment that:
- Engages, enthuses and challenges students;
- Includes acceleration and enrichment;
- Accommodates individual student needs;
- Cares for the whole student;
- Develops staff capacity;
- Celebrates curiosity and creativity; and
- Caters for the Gifted & Talented students within the Learning Area
The college is part of the exciting transformation of the area around Subiaco Oval which will become a new education, leisure and residential destination close to Perth's CBD.
The College will be a central hub of the Subiaco community with its innovative design and shared facilities. Bob Hawke College will deliver academic excellence in a learning environment that sets high standards in quality care for students. We aim to create experiences where students learn both about the world around them, and of themselves. We seek to develop local, national and international partnerships, creating meaningful relationships with those around us and improved learning opportunities for our students. We are part of the fabric of Subiaco, with a commitment to excellence and equity.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bob Hawke College can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact John Burke, Principal, by telephoning 0427 0839 97 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager, one being a peer, and one being a staff member reporting to you)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.