Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP588675
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019 with possible extension twelve (12) months and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Settler Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Deputy Principal to join their friendly team.
To be considered for this leadership position applicants must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills including an ability to mentor, guide and advise staff and students and work collaboratively with staff, parents and students to manage student behaviour based on a positive, educative and restorative mindset. You will demonstrate the ability to develop strong relationships and an affinity with students, staff and parents in an open and approachable manner.
The successful applicant will demonstrate expertise and leadership in the development, implementation, and monitoring of systemic and sustainable school wide action plans that ensure that students have the academic skills necessary to be successful at school, at work, and in further education. It is imperative that you demonstrate an ability to recognise, promote and build the leadership capacity of staff, students, parents and the community to enhance leadership density across the school community.
This role will require leadership across the school in ICT management, hardware procurement, software management and curriculum leadership. It is highly desirable for applicants to have a high ICT knowledge and curriculum leadership experience.
Settlers Primary is an Independent Public School located 46 km south of Perth, in the fast growing suburb of Baldivis in Western Australia. In 2016 the school has 750 students enrolled from Kindergarten to year 6. The school has a campus of five teaching blocks and well maintained grounds with shared community facilities. Teaching and learning environments reflect a positive and innovative attitude towards maximising learning opportunities.
Cutting edge ICT ensures wireless access, laptop and iPad technology, and electronic whiteboards in all classrooms. ICT is an embedded tool for teaching and learning in an integrated curriculum. Student progress and achievement is monitored using authentic assessments and external validation. Behaviour is managed by a positive approach promoting responsibility and respect, built on a strong values based foundation with a focus on well-being, independence and resiliency.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Settlers Primary School can be found by visiting www.settlers.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Gary Brown, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9523 2335 or emailing Gary.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 August 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED