Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS592545
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Champion Bay Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a reliable and hardworking individual to join their team in the role of Senior Gardener – Handyperson.
The Senior Gardener – Handyperson will be responsible for performing minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the Departments policies and guidelines.
The successful applicant will have good interpersonal and communication skills to maintain accurate gardening records and manage staff performance. You will have strong leadership skills to provide assistance and direction to other members of the grounds support team. To be successful in this role you will possess knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
In this role, you will have a passion for the outdoors and an ability to lead staff as you work with team members to create and maintain a clean, tidy, safe and enjoyable outdoor environment for staff, students and the community.
Champion Bay SHS, formerly known as John Willcock College, located in the City of Geraldton (approximately 415km north of Perth). From the start of the 2019 school year, our school has expanded to cater for students up to Year 10, and we will become a comprehensive Years 7-12 school by 2021. This expansion will enable students to complete all of their secondary education at our college, an exciting change that is widely embraced by our community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens in schools or parks and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in servicing horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Competence in coordinating and supervising staff
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Champion Bay Senior High School please visit championbayshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Danielle Wilton, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning (08) 9965 8310 or emailing Danielle.Wilton@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A one (1) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 August 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.