Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS593120
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you like being part of a team? Like things to be clean and tidy? Then we want you!
Banksia Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a Gardener – Handyperson to maintain extensive garden and bushland areas.
The successful applicant will have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy working to provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy welcoming condition. We are looking for a team player to work collaboratively with all staff as part of a whole school community. As part of the role you will be required to carry out minor repairs and maintenance as request as well as other Gardener – Handyperson duties in accordance with the Departments policies and guidelines.
Banksia Park Primary School is situated in the picturesque suburb of Leeming. Students are housed in attractive classrooms with extensive bushland surrounds. School facilities are of a high standard including a library with computer laboratory, art room, music room, canteen, tennis courts, cricket nets, grassed oval and an enclosed covered assembly area with a Performing Arts Centre.
As the catchment area for Banksia Park Primary School is compact and completely built out enrolment figures remain fairly stable.
Over the years a real community spirit has evolved with parents/caregivers and staff working together to provide the best possible facilities and educational programmes for the students at the school. Students are well behaved and motivated to learn, parents are extremely supportive and the experienced teaching staff is committed and enthusiastic.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Banksia Park Primary School please visit www.banksiapark.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Peta Zarins, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning 9266 6400 or emailing Peta.Zarins@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Peta Zarins, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 9266 6400 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 August 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED