Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS592766
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2019
Do you like being part of a team? Like things to be clean and tidy? Then we want you!
As the successful applicant, you will be required to carry out internal and external cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures which include the safe mixing and use of chemicals. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other general cleaning including the accurate mixing of chemicals required for specific tasks. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed and include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, shampooing of carpets and pressure cleaning of various areas. Suitable applicants will have effective communication skills for reading cleaning product instructions and to help develop and maintain good working relationships with school staff.
Yule Brook College is a small by-design middle school, located in Maddington, 20km south-east of the Perth CBD in Maddington. The college specialises in the education of students in Years 7 to 10, using the Big Picture design to provide an individualised learning plan based on each student's interests and passions.
Approximately one third of our students are Aboriginal, and the school has a long history of partnerships with organisations including Clontarf, the Wirrpanda Foundation and Follow the Dream. These organisations share our goal to improve educational outcomes for all young people, and in particular to close the gap between the outcomes for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal youth. The school also has a large Filipino population, and around a quarter of students come from families where English is not their first language. Families are vital partners with teachers in our school. Our school board includes representation from the local community, parents and staff.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Yule Brook College please visit www.yulebrookcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Hilary Saunders, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9251 8333 or emailing Hilary. Saunders@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to YuleBrook.Col@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 21 August 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED